Aliento is a community organization that is undocumented and youth-led. We are directly impacted people and allies who are invested in the well being, emotional healing, and leadership development of those impacted by the inequalities of lacking an immigration status.
We use art and community organizing to transform trauma, anxiety, and fear into hope and action.
The Organizer position collaborates with staff to coordinate Aliento’s community members and execute trainings and plug them into different programs/campaigns for the organization.
This is a part time role is based in Mesa, Arizona.
The Organizer will report directly to Reyna Montoya, Aliento’s Founder and ED, and will include ongoing coaching support, professional development and opportunities for growth.
We will provide office space in Mesa, Arizona out of our office located at 1819 S. Dobson Dr. Ste. 214, Mesa, AZ 85202.
This position will start on July 9, 2018. If there is a conflict with the starting date, notify at the application and indicate your ideal start date.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (database, email, social media, events, one-on-ones, etc.)
- Track information on volunteer availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed
- Assign responsibilities to volunteers for special events
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions/events/trainings
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are being developed and are the right fit for specific roles
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and responsibilities
- Εnsure the purpose of the organization and its actions are clearly communicated with volunteers
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Be able to identify problems or gaps and be solution oriented.
- Ability to adapt to change and process information in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in work prioritization and meeting project goals.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, along with strong project management abilities.
- Commitment and passion to arts, immigration, behavioral health, and other areas that advance the rights of undocumented youth and mixed status families.
- Experience in managing volunteers.
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Be comfortable with using different social media platforms (i.e. facebook, twitter, instagram) to promote our events and the organization.
HOURLY RATE: $13-$17 per hour; DOE
To apply, please send a resume, 3 references, and a 1 to 3 minute video telling us why you are the right person for this job to email@example.com. *Video can be attached or it can be send as a link.
Position closes by June 14, 2018.