Organization Development Assistant (Part Time)
Aliento is a community organization that is undocumented and youth-led. We are directly impacted people and allies who are invested in the well being, emotional healing, and leadership development of those impacted by the inequalities of lacking an immigration status.
We use art and community organizing to transform trauma, anxiety, and fear into hope and action.
The Organization Development Assistant position is to assist the Executive Director (ED) identify opportunities for funding that fits organizational strategies, conducts research, and writes proposals to secure privately and publicly funded grants for organization. Also plans and executes grassroots fundraising projects.
This is a part time role is based in Mesa, Arizona.
The Organization Development Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator will report directly to Reyna Montoya, Aliento’s Founder and ED, and will include ongoing coaching support, professional development and opportunities for growth.
We will provide office space in Mesa, Arizona out of our office located at 1819 S. Dobson Dr. Ste. 214, Mesa, AZ 85202.
This position will start on July 9, 2018. If there is a conflict with the starting date, notify at the application and indicate your ideal start date.
- Search & identify funding sources.
- Review funding sources guidelines.
- Draft grant proposals.
- Plan and execute an online fundraising campaign (all materials must be approved by ED prior they are public).
- Plan and execute grassroots fundraisers.
- Draft and execute small contribution donations & in-kind donations from small businesses.
- Manage grant calendar & reports.
- Create and adjust pitch deck.
- Fluent in English. Preferred someone who is also fluent in Spanish but not required.
- Be able to identify problems or gaps and be solution oriented.
- Ability to adapt to change and process information in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in work prioritization and meeting project goals.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, along with strong project management abilities.
- Commitment and passion to arts, immigration, behavioral health, and other areas that advance the rights of undocumented youth and mixed status families.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Experience in writing grants desired.
- Experience in pitch decks desired.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
To apply, please send a resume, 3 references, and a 1 to 3 minute video telling us why you are the right person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. *Video can be attached or it can be send as a link.
Position closes by June 14, 2018.