Arts & Healing Programs Coordinator
Aliento is a community organization that is undocumented and youth-led. We are directly impacted people and allies who are invested in the well being, emotional healing, and leadership development of those impacted by the inequalities of lacking an immigration status.
We use art and community organizing to transform trauma, anxiety, and fear into hope and action.
The program coordinator’s role is to plan and execute arts and healing workshops using a model that has been already created, as well as adapting and improving it to be aligned to our Aliento’s mission and values. The primary responsibility of the position is to organize participatory healing spaces (open mics, workshops, trainings) where immigrant children, youth, and parents can express their reality through various arts medium. The program coordinator is responsible to train, develop, and manage volunteers as well as to obtain and apply feedback from participants for future design of the programs. The program coordinator is also responsible to execute a year gallery and assist the organization by adding capacity. We are looking for someone who is open and excited to use a holistic approach with participants through arts and healing.
This is project-based role is based in Mesa, Arizona, salary is an entry level position.
The Arts and Healing Programs Coordinator will report directly to Reyna Montoya, Aliento’s Founder and ED, and will include ongoing coaching support, professional development and opportunities for growth.
We will provide office space in Mesa, Arizona out of our office located at 1819 S. Dobson Dr. Ste. 214, Mesa, AZ 85202.
This position will start on July 9, 2018. If there is a conflict with the starting date, notify at the application and indicate your ideal start date.
- Design and execute arts programing using art & holistic practices.
- Develop yearly outreach plan according to programs needs and capacity.
- Build and track relationships with participants of the programs.
- Build relationships and coordinate with local partner organizations.
- Train, recruit, and manage volunteers and connect them to different opportunities with Aliento.
- Track expenses for the programs and make suggestions on budget for the programs.
- Meet deliverables set by Executive Director (ED).
- Maintain the highest regard for data integrity.
- Represent the organization in different events, media, etc.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Be able to identify problems or gaps and be solution oriented.
- Ability to adapt to change and process information in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in work prioritization and meeting project goals.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, along with strong project management abilities.
- Commitment and passion to arts, immigration, behavioral health, and other areas that advance the rights of undocumented youth and mixed status families.
- Experience in managing volunteers.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Experience in the arts desired.
- Experience & training on trauma desired.
- Be comfortable with using different social media platforms (i.e. facebook, twitter, instagram) to promote our events and the organization.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
SALARY RATE: $30K-$35K; DOE
To apply, please send a resume, 3 references, and a 1 to 3 minute video telling us why you are the right person for this job to email@example.com. *Video can be attached or it can be send as a link.
Position closes by June 14, 2018.